Software · Mac OS X · PasswordWallet
New in 4.7.4:
- Documents with password sheet open will not prevent system from quitting PasswordWallet. This should smooth auto-update in the future too.
- Fixed small UI glitch with advanced IP address option introduced in 4.7.3.
- Command-E for Edit Entry now works again.
New in 4.7.3:
- Added an
Advanced option to bypass Bonjour with a manual IP address. Useful for misbehaving routers.
- Better Dropbox error detection.
- Fixed a crash that would happen at random on some systems about once-every-two-months. Thanks for your patience!
New in 4.7.2:
- No longer asking for a password to reopen a file after sync by wifi from (not to) an iOS device.
- Fixed issue with Random Generation choices not working on 10.6.8.
Empty synchronization preferences are no longer
bad synchronization preferences.
- Repaired French localization. Pardonnez-moi !
New in 4.7.1:
- Changed sizes in main list window for a more unified look.
- Now signing all components with Apple's DevID, so no more security warnings from the Mac OS X Gatekeeper.
- Added better compatibility with 10.8 document model.
- Moved modal password dialogs to sheets attached to windows.
- Completely reworked Dropbox synchronization and authentication.
- Better at detecting default browser when launching URLs to address a bug in Parallels.
- Fixed memory leak that occurred during synchronization.
- Small toolbar items now work as expected.
- Text-only toolbar items now work as expected.
- Browser menu now contains all other custom browsers in other records in the wallet file.
- Show/Hide Bullets menu item now works in editor windows.
- The PasswordWallet binary contained within the PasswordWallet bundle now supports command-line options. Try -? for help.
- Removed toolbar customization from old 10.5 systems.
- Addressed issue where sync passwords would appear to not be saved in keychain even though they were.
- Addressed issue where PasswordWallet would sometimes crash during automatic synchronization under heavy use.
- Removed MobileMe sync since MobileMe no longer exists. We urge users to sync through a free Dropbox account.
New in 4.7.0:
- New fancy, customizable toolbar on Wallets.
- New synchronization options to
make all other device data look like this one, no matter how many devices you have.
- Instant access to synchronization state from inside document window.
- Addressed an uncommon, intermittent crash. Thank you, dedicated users, for sending in those reports! Combining them I was able to find and fix it!
- Fixed revert to bullets timer when opening document.
- If a file:/// URL contains
~ will be substituted for the home directory,
/Users/username when opening a linked file.
- Added an Open menu item to Network Synchronization preferences.
- Silky smooth animations when expanding password data.
- Now trying harder to wake up bonjour discovery.
- Closing open editor windows during sync.
- PasswordWallet is now available in Chinese!
New in 4.6.2:
- Now making better use of Dropbox Tokens for faster Dropbox sync.
- Auto-typing works a bit better with Safari on Lion on really fast hardware.
- PasswordWallet will warn compliant clipboard utilities to not save your username or password that have been copied to the clipboard. (Clipboards are still cleared on a timer.)
- Synchronization Wizard will not require lots of 'Next' clicks if all you're missing is a password.
- Addressed potential issue when re-opening PasswordWallet files on 10.6.x.
New in 4.6.1:
- Fixed issues with automatic sync and reading files under certain conditions.
- Added more error checking in synchronization.
- Fixed issuses with auto-reopen introduced with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Removed double tooltip in preferences.
New in 4.6.0:
- PasswordWallet now requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later and is Lion Compatible!
- All new network synchronization wizard.
- All new Dropbox(tm) support.
- Added all new synchronization preferences.
- Fixed issue where full screen usernames and passwords would sometimes wrap to two lines.
- Fixed problem with duplicates appearing during synchronization.
- Lowercase letters in usernames and passwords are now underlined with a light grey line.
- Extra columns found when importing will always be accumulated in
- Updated sync server to use new Sync Preferences.
- PasswordWallet for Mac OS X now has a minimum OS requirement of 10.5.
- Fixed crash when finding duplicates in empty files.
Reveal in Finder is back in the Wallet menu.
- Added menu item to reset a wallet's synchronization.
- New synchronization logging.
- Added synchronization option to the
- Reorganized Sync Menu.
- Reorganized Help Menu.
- Fixed issue with exports happening only on close but not close+quit.
- Fixed issue where
Check Spelling as You Type wouldn't stick.
New in 4.5.3:
- Password dialog for entry now gets keyboard focus when it's opened.
- Synchronization and opening documents should be at least 10 times faster than before.
- Synchronization update to fix duplication errors.
- Fixed lock file problem after quit with Open Document password dialog is visible.
- Copy and Paste now pastes the old category too.
- Fixed infrequent issue with Find Duplicates menu item.
New in 4.5.2:
- Compatibility with PasswordWallet for iPad!
- Open Document password dialogs now allow Command-Q to quit the application.
- PasswordWallet will try harder to not open the default file when other documents are opened.
- Added preference to prevent default file from being set automatically.
- No longer asking for master password after a sync.
New in 4.5.1:
- PasswordWallet is now available in Japanese!
- MobileMe usernames now forced to lowercase and checked for correctness.
- Addressed compatibility with exports and Palm webOS 1.4.
- Export preferences for each type of export are now saved separately.
- Export on Close is now flagged with a checkmark in the File -> Export menu items.
- Export on Close now only honors the most recent export type to have it selected.
- Fixed possible crash when not saving mobileme or WebDAV password in Keychain.
- Fixed possible crash with some web exports with short category names.
- Updated help to clarify a few things about Android and webOS exports.
- The sync window now shows full file paths.
- Removed console messages.
- Fixed problem with consecutive syncs, open files and 10.5.
New in 4.5.0:
- Another free upgrade for 4.x users!
- Completely new MobileMe, WebDAV, iPhone-Computer and Computer-Computer synchronization. (Requires iPhone PasswordWallet 4.5.)
- Sync confirmation windows will come to the format of other application windows now, instead of hiding behind other apps.
- Added specialized exports for Android and Palm webOS devices.
- All exports have a preference to export when the file is closed after a change.
- If the user command-tabs to passwordwallet, the default file will open if no other documents are open.
- Pasting multiple entries in to a wallet will now properly select the pasted entries.
- Fixed issue with File-to-File sync if partnered file was empty.
- Finally made dialogs more Cocoa like!
- Synchronize Automator Action is now Snow Leopard compatible.
- Rearranged sync menu to make automator action easier to find.
- New 4.5 Windows Mobile app added to built-in installer.
New in 4.4.7:
VoiceOver support for visually impaired users.
- Minimized document windows now have simple document icons. (Having a real minimized window there would be a security hole.)
- PasswordWallet now saves the locations of PasswordWallet Entry editor windows. (Not just the size, as before.)
- HTML export is now a little bit faster and more reliable.
- Added a
Short random words dictionary option for words between 3 and 5 characters in length.
- Typing the first few characters of an entry to select it from the list view works better.
- Click the gear icon to show usernames and passwords as (1) resolved, (2) indexed character lists, or (3) raw, in the main entry list.
- Application name is now localizable.
- Now quitting helper apps when quitting PasswordWallet. This will make auto-update more reliable.
- Auto-typing now works with JIS keyboards.
- Fixed issue where editing a record would not set the dot on the close box correctly.
- Fixed issue with auto-typing an unsaved record from within the editor.
- Fixed issue with labels for usernames and passwords not being exported to bookmarklets.
New in 4.4.6:
- Updated Windows Mobile conduit to set default file on device after sync.
- Integrated Windows Mobile installer is now updated to version 4.4.2.
- Fixed German synchronization settings.
- Fixed Localized documentation.
New in 4.4.5:
- Fixed problem that would cause record duplication when synchronizing between Mac and iPhone versions.
- Now allowing users to disable the default file preference when the default file cannot be found.
- Now putting up a warning when files specified in file URLs cannot be found. (When linking two PW documents.)
- Category sorting is now case insensitive.
- Accessing a record now triggers a file save. (If the releated preference is turned on.)
- Updated Japanese documentation.
New in 4.4.4:
- Japanese localization improved.
- If there is more than one import column tagged as
Notes, their data will all be combined into the notes of the imported record.
- Fixed the import file column headers to respond to clicks more reliably.
- Fixed issue when canceling the removal of a paired server.
- Saving files for the first time will set that file as default if no default file is specified.
- If Sync Services is corrupt, users can export to bookmarklet with the Option Key down on the keyboard to turn off the preference
Automatically export when this file is closed.
- We're not strongly discouraging use of empty master passwords. (Sorry to those of you who wanted empty passwords.)
- Cleaned up logic when presenting
Found in Keychain when the user opens their wallet.
- Fixed possible crash the second time
Choose file... was pushed in preferences for default file or Palm sync file.
New in 4.4.3:
- Fixed issue with Bookmarklet deleted in Safari no being exported on next export from PasswordWallet.
- Fixed issue with Bookmarklet (WebKit) in French.
- Now ignoring # for non-importable data in CSV files.
- Opening documents from old versions of PasswordWallet is much smoother. (Not so many dialogs.)
- Updated Help menu to include device names.
- Better error reporting for corrupt or missing Safari Bookmarks. (Bookmarklet export only.)
New in 4.4.2:
- Updated French localization with 4.4 features!
- Fixed issue with Windows Mobile Conduit on 10.4 PowerPC.
New in 4.4.1:
- Updated German localization with 4.4 features!
- Synchronization logging is now conditionally enabled when PasswordWallet starts up.
- Fixed nested sorting. Sorting by category will be sub-sorted by title.
- Fixed mysterious duplicating record bug. Please open and save all of your files with 4.4.1.
- Fixed issue where type and creator codes were not set after sync for old files that do not have a .passwordWallet4 extension.
- Find duplicates will now sort the document by title first.
- If imported files cannot be read as
UTF8, PasswordWallet will try
Mac OS Roman instead.
- Fixed verbiage on Stand-alone bookmark export page and lots of typos throughout the software.
- Removed left-over registration requirement for bookmarklet export.
New in 4.4.0:
- Introducing PasswordWallet for iPhone and iPod Touch!
- Introducing Multiple-file Network Synchronization between two Macs or a Mac and iPhone!
- Introducing PasswordWallet for Windows Mobile for PocketPC and Smartphone!
- Introducing PasswordWallet for Windows Mobile Multi-file synchronization!
- Introducing PasswordWallet one-way export for Blackberry, Android, Nokia, and Symbian phones running WebKit!
- Introducing much improved Bookmarklet Export that automatically breaks up large files for more speed and compatibility.
- Bookmark and HTML export is no longer a separate product, but is included with PasswordWallet for Mac OS X.
- Bookmarks are now fully unicode compatible for more reliability on German, French and Japanese devices.
- Bookmarks are now synchronized to Safari through Mac OS X Synchronization Services.
Export bookmark as link for easily import on to non-syncable devices and phones.
- Addressed issues where OS X was telling us to open our document twice resulting in the user being asked for a password twice even though they cancelled.
- Improved error recovery when reading old file types that are corrupted and scraping those files to recover partial data.
Delete from the Edit menu now works on entries just like
Delete Entry from the Wallet menu. (Sorry about that.)
- Added help items for installing and configuring PassworWallet for iPhone and Windows Mobile.
- Now setting file types and creators on synced files correctly.
- Added Sparkle auto-update mechanism!
Check for Updates will download and install the latest and greatest PasswordWallet.
- Made registration a little bit easier.
- All synchronizations that affect open and modified documents will be automatically saved. Data in open editors will also be automatically saved.
- Fixed problem where import wasn't always bringing in UTF-8 correctly.
- PasswordWallet's plug-ins and add-ons are now Codesigned.
- Improved URL handling to work with malformed, non-http URLs.
New in 4.3.5 r2:
- 4.3.5r2 contains fixes for German iPhone only. (Build 4889)
New in 4.3.5:
- PasswordWallet is now localized to German! (Provided by Ulf Dunkel at http://www.dsd.net.)
- Added document title to the titlebar of the open-password dialog.
- Fixed issues when opening more than one wallet document simultaneously.
- Auto-typing now works if the URL is a file URL and all you want to do with it is auto-type.
- Now removing all modifier characters when copying username or password to the clipboard. (Before we were removing only trailing modifiers.)
- Added some pretty cool runtime error reporting to the console in case of errors.
New in 4.3.4:
- Added code so PasswordWindows can no longer be harvested by background utilities using new core graphics windowing interfaces.
- Fixed issue that could cause a crash when dismissing the editor dialog on a few systems.
- When reading old PasswordWallet 3 files, we're now using the machine's character sets for localization instead of assuming Mac OS Roman.
- PasswordWallet is now a little more forgiving about windows off the edge of the screen when restoring the window position.
- No longer confusing window layering when auto-tying panel closes.
- Lots of iPhone changes... (See PasswordWallet for iPhone What's New.)
New in 4.3.3:
- French localization added.
- Japanese localization added.
- Fixed category of automator action under Leopard so it appears in the "Category:Utilities" section of the library.
- Fixed issue with InternetConfig queries and their conversion to and from unicode strings when booted in Japanese only.
- Fixed Japanese input in the notes field of the Entry Editor.
- Clarified instructions for CSV and Text import.
- Now explicitly checking write permission on files so users will see a warning when their document is first opened instead of when it's saved. Status area at bottom of wallet will now display "Read Only" in bright white on red letters.
- Now stripping leading and trailing white-space from URLs before opening them.
- Made detection and repair of Leopard Custom Icon bug a little faster. (This bug prevents saving files from most Cocoa apps.)
- Purchase or Register from the Application menu now brings up "PasswordWallet" by default.
- [Palm Conduit] Fixed reporting for documents that are not found during synchronization.
New in 4.3.2:
- Now express-opening PasswordWallet documents that are opened from other PasswordWallet documents. You can now create a tree of PasswordWallet documents that all reference each other.
- Fixed one more case where NSColorPanel would abuse the window background color.
- When picking linked fields for username or password, the list of entries is now sorted correctly.
- Reworked code a little to avoid mysteriously changing background colors on Leopard's NSColorPanel.
- Field substitutions may now be surrounded by other text or other substitutions.
- Worked around Leopard bug where documents could not be saved if they had a stale custom icon bit. (Reproducible with TextEdit.app too.)
New in 4.3.1:
- Fixed issue with Categories menu not having command key equivalents 1, 2, 3 or 4 if the Background Color Picker was left on the "slider" pane the last time PasswordWallet was quit.
- Fixed color saving bug when perfect white was selected as the background color.
New in 4.3.0:
- Lots of iPhone changes... (See PasswordWallet for iPhone What's New.)
- Added Synchronize Files automator action. Just place PasswordWallet in your Applications folder, and Automator will find it. Theoretically.
- Added CSV import for Excel-style CSV files.
- Added shift-tab auto-typing substitution character. This has the effect of moving the insertion point to the previous field on most forms. The special character is available from the popup menu to the right of the username and password fields.
- The "Confirm" checked state in the Wallet Editor is now saved between runs of PasswordWallet.
- Added negative relative font sizes to the Entry List preferences.
- An open Color Picker palette correctly tracks documents as they open, activate and close.
- Fixed lack of warning with "Synchronize with file" if file wasn't actually saved.
- Better color conversions from non-RGB selections. Removed some tabs from color picker too.
- Fixed issue where bookmarks.plist was backed up a little too aggressively. Backups now rotate.
- Fixed issue on Leopard where conduit would not communicate properly with PasswordWallet if it was running.
- Fixed issue on Leopard where right and left arrows wouldn't expand/collapse rows if a modifier key was down.
- Fixed issue on Leopard where color palette would be overly aggressive when clicking in password fields where digit highlighting was turned on.
- Fixed issue on Leopard with authenticated installer not installing on some systems.
New in 4.2.0:
- Completely redesigned Export to iPhone interface. (See PasswordWallet for iPhone What's New.)
- Display will now revert to Lucida Grande if Helvetica cannot be found.
- Hold down the shift-key while selecting categories to select more than one at a time.
- PasswordWallet is now shutting down the update check process when quit so users can trash when they're upgrading to a newer version.
New in 4.1.0:
- Added export to iPhone! (sold separately as iPhone PasswordWallet.)
- Added export to stand-alone web page! (sold separately as iPhone PasswordWallet.)
- Auto-typing is now Leopard Compatible!
- With "Quit after last window closed" turned on, a new blank document will be created if password fails when opening the default document.
- Improved Window Background color on systems prior to 10.5.
- Reorganized preferences so users can tell which settings will modify their file and trigger a save dialog when closing.
- Fixed issue where Auto-typing slowness would not be reset correctly for new auto-typings.
- Added contextual menu items with all sorts of goodies to the entry list.
- Added support for upper and lower case password generation elements, including characters, words and phonetic syllables.
- Fixed problem with random passwords that had > 100 words in them. (Who are these people?)
- Drag and Drop will now accept local files. Local documents can be opened with the default editor for the document, or an alternate editor. Just use default browser to open the item the way the Finder opens it. This is useful for local files that are password protected, like QuickBooks documents.
- Fixed Drag and Drop in the Editor window to avoid accidental drops from inside the same window.
- Fixed problem where the master password wouldn't be found in the Mac OS X Keychain if the file had a long file name.
- Holding down the option-key while opening a document will position the document to the default location and size on screen.
- Default File will now be set automatically set to the file saved if no default file has been set previously.
- Added "Find Duplicates" to the "Edit" -> "Find" sub-menu. Hold down the option-key to during this operation to log differences to the console.
- Added "Font Size" preference to increase the font size of the main list window.
- If Font Size is anything larger than default, the notes field switches to the system font size from the small system font size.
- The "checked state" of the Confirm checkbox is now saved between invocations of the Password Editor window.
- If the name of a target record changes, the usernames and passwords of the referencing record are now updated.
- PasswordWallet will no longer hog the CPU while it's asking you for a master password (or other password dialogs).
- File selection paths are now colored red if they are empty. This includes default file and file selection for Palm OS Sync.
- Added recommendation to use MissingSync for users running Palm HotSync Manager on Intel platforms.
- Using URL's scheme with InternetConfig to find helper application more reliably.
- Hold down the option-key when deleting records to bypass the warning delete dialog.
- [CONDUIT] The "Do Nothing" sync setting no longer requires that a file be defined.
New in 4.0.4:
- Now trying even harder to load web pages with the default browser if the Launch Services database has become corrupted.
- Fixed the slow typing directive to reset properly at the beginning of auto-typing.
- Fixed problem with saving files when selecting patterned or textured named colors.
- Updated CSS for the help files.
New in 4.0.3:
- Fixed problem where default browser would not be used correctly on some systems. Sorry about that.
New in 4.0.2:
- Added warning for corrupt or incomplete Keyboard Layouts when auto-typing.
- Fixed problem where the PasswordWallet editor window wouldn't activate correctly after the auto-typing palette was dismissed.
- Added a preference to edit passwords in separate windows. (Reversible if the option-key is down.)
- Added "Next category" and "Previous category" menu items (and keyboard shortcuts) to the "Set Category" menu. This works in editor windows too.
- Added "Next category" and "Previous category" menu items (and keyboard shortcuts) to the "Show Category" to the Category menu.
- When filtering with the Find Box, the first item found will be selected if there were no other items retained from the previous selection. This will assist with keyboard navigation.
- Tooltips on File Chooser views no longer show "%20" characters.
- When pasting or duplicating, first selected resulting row will be scrolled in to view automatically.
- Added better error messages when the type/creator code on the file is wrong.
- Check for Update, if executed manually, will try harder to not hide its results behind other windows.
- Fixed misleading messages in all "Choose File..." dialogs, especially those involved with Synchronization.
- Copying modification and last-accessed dates when performing a Duplicate and a Copy-Paste.
- Fixed problems where the "Help" menu would open the help in BBEdit. And fixed problems where URLs with a custom browser wouldn't always be loaded correctly.
- Fixed bug in Category menu where releasing the mouse on a parent item would actually do something when it should do nothing.
- [Conduit] Fixed issue where conduit settings wouldn't always be updated in conduit manager window. (HotSync and MissingSync.)
New in 4.0.1:
- Fixed an issue where PasswordWallet would always attempt to store the master password in the Mac OS X keychain. If you don't want your password stored in the Mac OS X keychain, change your password and un-check the keychain box. Then save your file.
- Auto-typing delays (not pause-resumes) are now working differently. Each delay character will toggle the delay state of auto-typing. The default is fast typing. If the character is delayed, auto-typing will be slowed through completion, or until the next delay character makes it fast again.
- Added logic to make sure we're reading a PW4 file when the suffix or type/creator says it's a PW4 file.
- Added warning in conduit installer for "Macintosh overwrites Handheld" setting.
- Fixed problem where browser setting in some records was not imported from v3 properly on Intel. PW4 now handles all custom browser records correctly.
- PasswordWallet will no longer quit while syncing a file even if the "Quit after last window closed" preference is on.
- Added tool-tip to file selectors so long paths can be viewed more easily.
- Fixed problem where "Last Access Date" change would trigger a record duplication during a sync.
- Within the AutoTyping special character menus, the actual special character glyph was added for reference.
- [Conduit] Fixed issues with PowerPC Conduit in HotSync Manager.
- [Conduit & App] Fixed issues with all "Reveal in Finder" buttons.
New in 4.0.0:
- PasswordWallet 4.0 and its Palm OS conduit are completely rewritten from the ground-up with Cocoa. Both the application and conduit are Universal and run natively on Intel and PowerPC Macintoshes. We've kept the same tight and unobtrusive appearance and added some incredible new features to help you get your work done faster, including:
- A live-filtering seach box.
- File-to-file synchronization.
- Category filtering directly from the toolbar.
- Auto-typing now works for sites where username and password are on separate pages.
- Auto-typing also now works for sites that require more than one password.
- Semi-transparent auto-typing palette.
- Cocoa-licious transparency, sheets and animations.
- Plain-text file export for iPod. (This feature should only be used with iPods with locking capability!)
- A comprehensive user interface for text file import, complete with preview.
- The ability to drag URLs directly from your browser to your PW4 document to quickly add a new entry.
- Sort by last access date, and reverse sort, to see most recently visited entries at the top of your Wallet.
- View passwords in extra large font to view them from across a room or laboratory with multiple computers.
- Open multiple entries at a time in multiple windows.
- Popup menus to change username and password field titles.
- A new Window menu.
- A new recent files menu.
- Digits in passwords are now colored red everywhere.
- Added automatic update notification. (Which can be turned off in preferences.)
- All new icons, with tool-tips.
- Auto-typing and URL functions available from the password editor window.
- Improved printing for only visible or selected records.
- Automatic conduit and Palm version installer.
- Spell check in notes.
- Slow down auto-typing for poorly behaved web sites.
- New Cocoa based preferences window, complete with animation.
New in 3.1.3:
- No changes to application.
- [Conduit 3.0.6] Fixed possible crash in conduit settings dialog that was introduced in 3.0.5.
New in 3.1.2:
- When opening a document, if the titlebar of the saved window position will not be visible (perhaps because monitor arrangement changed), the window will be moved to the default window position.
- [Conduit 3.0.5] Conduit settings dialogs are now compatible with Missing Sync.
New in 3.1.1:
- Documents just plain work better with DOS and NFS formatted disks.
- Made tokens popup in Format Preferences a little less annoying.
- Fixed problem where entry would not be selected after an edit if (1) the entry in question was edited with the Enter or Return keys AND (2) a name change perturbed the sort order.
- Fixed problem with temporary files not going away automatically on non-HFS disks.
- [Conduit] Fixed same problem with temporaries on non-HFS disks.
New in 3.1.0:
- Password generation tokens are now available in a popup menu.
- Added "repeaters" and "phonetic" tokens to Password Generation template.
- Added "Phonetic Random" password generation that creates random but "pronounceable" passwords.
- When generating passwords, PasswordWallet can now show a list of candidates to choose from.
- Added "Default Browser" setting to each record so users can, say, select Safari for one record and FireFox for another.
- When clicking in the list of entries without the command-key or shift-key down, only one cell will be selected after the click.
- Creating a new entry now deselects all other entries.
- Moved category popup in the entry editing window.
- Defaulted "3D Row Colors" preference to "On" for new users.
- File extensions for PasswordWallet documents now work. Append ".passwordWallet3" to your documents if they are saved on a "flat" file system like NFS or SMB share points.
- File extensions now work in Open file dialogs as well.
- Larger credits box in the about box for all those amazing testers. Thanks!!
- [Conduit] File extensions now work when selecting files in the conduit.
- [Conduit] Fixed problem with choose file dialog in Conduit under Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4).
New in 3.0.6:
- Added code so snoopers can't monitor PasswordWallet's auto-typing keystrokes. (10.3 or newer only.)
- Added code so snoopers can't monitor you typing information into any dialog. (10.3 or newer only.)
- Added "Shift" as a key to start auto-typing. "Control" conflicted with the Go To URL keystroke. (Sorry about that.) The "Option" key still works fine as always.
New in 3.0.5:
- If "Quit after last window closed" is enabled in the preferences, PasswordWallet will quit if no windows are open after unsuccessfully opening a document.
- The Ask Password dialog will Cancel automatically after 15 minutes of idle time.
- When opening a document, PasswordWallet will ask for your master password 3 times before closing.
- If a username and/or password is of the format [:OtherEntryTitle:], the username and/or password will be taken from the entry whose title is OtherEntryTitle. (Any title can be between the "[:" and ":]" of course.) Substitutions are made when copying the username or password to the clipboard, and auto-typing.
- In edit dialog: Command-g now generates a new password.
- In edit dialog: Command-b now toggles bullets in password on and off.
- Added better error detection for malformed keyboard layouts.
- If the last character of Username or Password is a "•" or a "¶", then it will not be copied to the clipboard. It will be auto-typed, though.
- The "Control" key will now initiate auto-typing, like the "Option" key. This was added for compatibility with Windows Emulators that use the "Option" key for "ALT".
- Fixed small problem in edit dialog after canceling a "new category" selection.
- Sorting of categories is now ignores case so a1, A2, a3 will sort correctly.
- Reduced some of the CPU usage at idle time.
- Printing no longer wastes paper and just plain works better.
- Added facilities to enable sales for International versions.
New in 3.0.4:
- Fixed bug where auto-typing would stall under really bizarre circumstances.
- If an existing password ends in a special tab or return character, this character is preserved when generating a new password. Special characters include option-7 and option-8 for return and tab, respectively.
- Clarified 2.x upgrade notice so users are instructed to save their 3.x file after it opens.
- Fixed minor issue with Category Menu command-key equivalents.
- [Conduit] Removed a status message from the pure Classic conduit for HotSync 2.6.3 to bypass the "View Log" dialog.
- [Conduit] Fixed another problem with the conduit's select file dialog in Palm Desktop 2.6.3.
New in 3.0.3:
- Classic: Fixed problem where users couldn't select default file in preferences or in conduit settings.
- Classic: Fixed Password Format preferences pane.
- Classic: If your password isn't being saved in the Keychain, try changing your wallet password. This will re-push your password into Keychain.
- Classic: Drastically reduced memory requirements.
- Classic: Fixed Classic Finder icons for Version 3 documents. (Users should rebuild their desktop files.)
- Twiddled Theme Font drawing for all OS X users.
- Fixed problem with "Rename Category" menu items that contained a '/' character.
- Auto-typing instructions now appear when the small keyboard is pushed in the row (like when the globe is clicked).
- [Conduit] Fixed problem with Choose File dialog under Classic.
- [Conduit] Now detecting category changes if syncing between more than one computer. Users who sync to more than one computer should select conduit options for "Macintosh overwrites Handheld" or "Handheld overwrites Macintosh" to avoid problems with synchronization. Only single computer/handheld synchronization is supported at this time.
New in 3.0.2:
- Fixed problem with not unselecting all other cells when the globe (or other icon) is clicked.
New in 3.0.1:
- Bumped up the Classic memory allocation.
- Fixed problem with category menu item names that include escape characters.
- Password generation no longer thinks there's a 255 character limit in the notes.
New in 3.0.0:
- Over 50 new features between the Mac, Palm and Conduit!
- Added multiple selection to the password list. Delete, duplicate, copy, paste and others all work with multiple selection.
- Added "Select All Found" to find dialog.
- Added "Category" menu complete with "Show All", "Show Uncategorized" and other category related features.
- New icons. (Log out/in or duplicate documents to see.)
- Fixed bug where OS X Finder would use the old OS 9 icon for the PasswordWallet™ application and documents.
- Removed 255 character limit on notes. New limit is 32,000 characters on both the Mac and the Palm.
- 3.x now uses a new binary file format that's impervious to corruption from unix tools like mv and cp.
- 3.x files open and save much faster than the old 2.x file format.
- Added preference for "Beep when auto-typing completed" for those programs that don't provide any visual feedback when a password is typed. (Like Terminal.App.)
- Added preference to hide and show individual shortcut buttons.
- Added a "Perform auto-type" shortcut button to each entry in the Wallet window. This option doesn't copy anything to the clipboard.
- Added preference to use Theme text in the Wallet window.
- Preferences Window now automatically snaps back to the panel the user was last viewing when the preferences were closed.
- Added "Appearance" panel with many options to the Preferences.
- Wallet windows now have a document proxy icon in their titlebars. Command-click it to see where your wallet file is saved.
- Added "Sort by Category" to "Sort" menu.
- Better, faster sorting. Nested sorts are correct too.
- Windows may now be resized very wide.
- Editor window now has a size box in the lower right corner.
- Reorganized command-key shortcuts in all menus.
- Command keys for categories 1-9 are created automatically.
- Added a categories menu to the Entry Editor.
- Keychain now shows proper "service" name if your Wallet's password is saved in the Mac OS Keychain.
- Fixed bug with export/import of multi-line fields.
- Changed Preferences keyboard-shortcut to command-comma (Apple recommended).
- The notes field in the editor now has a nice border around it when it is being edited.
- Now trying harder to find the default browser from the system for URLs that don't begin with "http://".
- Changed file format to support Hint Bytes.
- Added option to substitute "¶" (option-7) for carriage returns.
- Added "Save hints for faster searching on Palm" preference to the "Wallet" menu. Read more about this in the Palm PasswordWallet documentation.
- Added the ability to set or override the category of each record when importing.
- Duplicating original file before converting, and informing the user of this.
- Rename a category to empty sets resulting categories to "None".
- [Conduit] Added "Handheld overwrites Macintosh".
- [Conduit] Added "Macintosh overwrites Handheld".
- [Conduit] Faster syncing.
- [Conduit] Uses much (much much) less memory.
- [Conduit] Added "Reveal" button in the Conduit Settings Panel to reveal the selected file in the Finder.
- [Conduit] Improved error messages.
New in 2.7.4:
- Fixed problem when copying and pasting between two or more files.
- Fixed problem with notes lengths greater than 255 characters.
- [Conduit] Sending "Keep Alive" notification to handheld when synchronizing huge databases.
New in 2.7.3:
- Fixed problem with slow password fields in Chimera and Safari MacOS X browsers.
- Fixed compatibility with auto-typing using third party keyboard layouts in 10.2.x.
- Fixed some font metrics problems for MacOS X 10.2 in dialogs and windows.
- Using more reliable Option-Key-Down detection method to initiate auto-typing.
- Added 'dCla' 128 resource to the application so MacOS 9 (Classic) users can twiddle auto-typing speed. (Some browsers can't handle fast typing.)
- [Conduit] Added special "debug" mode that can be invoked by holding down the shift-key while synchronizing.
New in 2.7.2:
- Delete, backwards-delete and clear keys now delete the selected record (with a warning).
- Added pauses to auto-typing to support slow/clunky browsers under 9 and X.
- Fixed a problem with record modifications after a record deletion. This could have caused deleted records to reappear after PalmOS synchronization or "Unexpected Quit" messages under MacOS X 10.1.x.
New in 2.7.1:
- Fixed problem with scroll-wheel support with old CarbonLibs.
- Fixed problem with "Quit" AppleEvent when a dialog was open.
- Fixed problem when screen bounds changed between file saving and opening.
- Text in About Box now inside of a nice MacOS X bounding box.
- Reworded "Find..." window.
- Text in Shortcuts and auto-typing instruction dialog now tells users how to enable auto-typing.
- Bullet state will only be saved with file if "Preferences:Opening Files:Use Last Saved Format" is set. This prevents both this preference and bullet timers from modifying the file.
- [Conduit] Now using Nav Services file dialogs in conduit configuration.
- [Conduit] A beta version of the conduit is now available for MacOS X and Palm Desktop 4.0.
- [Conduit] Clarified conduit error messages in log.
New in 2.7.0:
- Updated the text prompt in the "Select Default File..." dialog.
- Renamed "Preferences:Timings:Clear auto-typing" option from "Never" to the more appropriate "Disable auto-typing".
- Added some error checking so auto-typing will never wreak havoc under MacOS X.
- Added scrolling wheel support when running in MacOS X. (Scrolling wheel support in MacOS 9 is handled automatically by third-party mouse software.)
- For documents with auto-save enabled, documents are saved immediately after major changes.
- Added an option to insert random punctuation into generated passwords.
- Added an option to insert random words from a dictionary into generated passwords.
- Added preference to substitute the bullet character with a tab character when auto-typing. This allows users to configure auto-typing when more than two fields are required.
- Further minimizing Keychain access to work around Keychain bug in MacOS X.
- Fixed problem with MacOS 8.6/CarbonLib 1.3.1, and "Quit after last window closed" preference.
- [Conduit] New interface with instructions for conduit configuration.
- [Conduit] New error messages with very complete installation and configuration instructions.
- [Conduit] FINALLY fixed that Type 3 error with Conduit setup with some system configuraions.
New in 2.6.2:
- Fixed "Quit after last window closed" preference occurring prematurely for some users.
- Canceling the initial password dialog will no longer clear the default file preference.
- [Conduit] Fixed type 3 errors with conduit configuration on some systems.
New in 2.6.1:
- Auto-close timer doesn't start until document opened with correct password.
- Improved auto-typing action.
- Built in the eSellerate registration engine.
- Everybody's 3-D preference will revert back to 'off' for this release. Please re-enable it via the Preferences. (Sorry about that.)
- Fixed problem with Keychain not allowing first mouse-button-down in new window.
- Added an explanation of auto-typing to the "Go to URL" function.
- Added "Quit on close" preference that will quit PasswordWallet™ after all open documents are closed.
- If all documents are closed, but PasswordWallet™ is still running, double-clicking PasswordWallet™ will bring up the default file if one is set in the preferences.
- Fixed extremely rare problem where PasswordWallet™ would be unable to open a document if the monitor dimensions changed.
- [Conduit] Using fewer system resources to improve synchronization while running under MacOS 8, 9 and X 10.1.
New in 2.6.0:
- Added 3-D look to rows. (And preference to turn it off.)
- Command-SemiColon now works to bring up preferences panel in MacOS X.
- No longer topping off system queue with AutoTyping of very large buffers in MacOS X and MacOS 9.
- Fixed problem with "Copy" menu item in edit entry dialog under MacOS X.
- If either the username or password fields are empty, auto-typing will not type a tab character between them.
- Fixed problem when opening a document while a dialog was active.
- Added "Reveal in Finder" menu item.
- Added preference to collapse all when document opens.
- Moved Record's "Modified Time" stamp down into to expanded row view.
- Added preference to disable shortcuts bar.
- Added "Shortcuts" bar to every row.
- Expanding the bottom-most cell with the keyboard will now scroll the cell into view.
- PasswordWallet will now be able to find your default file even if you rename it and move it anywhere on your disk.
- AutoType now works in Mac OS X!!
- Added preference to save old password in notes when generating a new password.
- Revert to bullets now works after documents are opened or the preferences change.
- Added preference to draw digits in passwords with a highlight to help distinguish them from other characters.
- Updated "Shortcuts" text and made window wider for easier reading.
- Added "Password in Keychain" to the password entry dialog if the correct password was found in Keychain.
- Fixed problem with detecting whether clipboard was previously replaced by another program before being cleared by PasswordWallet.
- Added warnings around the Keychain preferences checkbox as this was very confusing for users... especially those using MacOS X; MacOS X Keychains are unlocked at log-in!!!
- [Conduit] The option to "View Log" will no longer be presented if the conduit preferences are set to "Do Nothing".
- [Conduit] Clarified error messages.
- [Conduit] Fixed minor problem in confirmation dialog with the Chicago vs. Charcoal system font.
- [Conduit] The conduit now uses an alias to keep track of the target file for synchronization.
New in 2.5.0:
- Password is only saved to Keychain after it is changed or initially set and the preference is turned on.
- Tab key now works in "first" password dialog.
- Added conditional note in "ask password dialog" if password was found in keychain.
- Fixed punctuation and capitalization in message.
- Entry count now remains visible if window is narrowed.
- Smoother scrolling.
New in 2.4.2:
- Fixed problem with auto-close timer.
New in 2.4.1:
- Fixed problem with auto-close if an auto-opened document didn't exist.
- Fixed problem with corrupted preferences, and added auto-repair functionality.
- Fixed problem with launching while running CarbonLib 1.0.4.
New in 2.4.0:
- Added preference to not beep when auto-type is ready for option-key release.
- Added a "Duplicate Entry" item to the "Wallet" menu.
- Added preference to always save last access date, even if no changes are made to the wallet.
- Added preference to automatically close documents that are idle after a specified amount of time.
- Added "Shortcuts" help window.
- Added more plural options for international grammars.
- PasswordWallet™ looks much better on MacOS X. Most dialogs and windows completely redesigned.
- "Preferences" and "Quit" menu items now appear under application menu in MacOS X.
- Enabled the Page Up and Page Down keys on the keyboard to scroll the wallet window.
- The "Find" function now searches all fields, including the "Notes" field.
- Speed select now works with the caps lock key down as well as with the option-key down.
- All sorting now uses caseless comparisons. Before lower case would take precedence over upper case.
- If a cell at the bottom of the document window is expanded, the list will be scrolled into view to reveal entire record.
- Compatible with CarbonLib 1.3.1.
- Printing now compatible with MacOS X 10.0.3.
New in 2.3.0:
- Users can now type the first few characters of the title of their password to "Speed Select" an entry.
- Typing a tab selects the next record alphabetically, irrespective of sort order.
- Typing a shift-tab selects the previous record alphabetically, irrespective of sort order.
- Added preference to turn on bullets automatically after a specified number of seconds.
New in 2.2.0:
- Added option to reset a document for clean synchronization (option-key down in the File menu).
- Added preferences to customize password generation format.
- Added preferences to specify bullets, no bullets, or saved state when a file is open.
- Added preferences to allow the user to specify a file to open by default when application is run.
- Added preference so the Ask Password dialog will not come up if the keychain contains the correct password.
- Added preference for delay before clipboard is cleared.
- Added preference for for delay before auto-type buffer is cleared.
- Fixed problem with the "Go to URL" function on some systems.
- Added "Type it for you" technology. To use:
- Go to a web page with the "Go to URL" function.
- Once the page has loaded, place the insertion point in the "username" field on the web page.
- Hold down the option-key until you hear a beep.
- After you hear the beep, release the option key.
- You're done! Your username and password will be typed for you!
New in 2.1.0:
- Added warning under systems prior to MacOS X that command-H has changed to command-B.
- Added "Export to Text File" menu item.
- Added warning if text in notes field is greater than 255 characters. (This helps speed up the Palm side.)
- "Confirm" check box when editing a password entry now is unchecked if bullets are off.
- Command-H for "Hide" is now Command-B for "Bullet Items". MacOS X reserves command-H for its own use.
- [Conduit] Fixed mysterious duplicating record bug.
- [Conduit] Fixed problems with long fields.
New in 2.0.1:
- Fixed error with detection of CarbonLib 1.1.1 and the availability of KeyChain.
- The import text file "open" dialog now reads "Import Text File...".
- Revert now reverts sort and background color preferences.
- Fixed problem on some systems with internal safe save. (Conduit too.)
- [Conduit] Fixed "synchronization failed (-50)" message on some Macintoshes.
- [Conduit] Users will now be warned to clear their Palm side data when they change files for synchronization on the Mac.
- [Conduit] Fixed esoteric looping bug if users inadvertently change target files for the conduit.
- [Conduit] Clarified text in "Conduit Settings" dialog with an extra label.
- [Conduit] Fixed preference file weirdness.
- [Conduit] Added better error messages.
- [Conduit] The conduit no longer has a memory leak and should not fail after ~20 synchronizations.
New in 2.0.0:
- Synchronize with Palm Compatible PDA by using included conduit.
- Users can choose the backgrond color of wallet entry rows.
- Fixed problem with going to more than one web site without quitting. (Sorry about that.)
- Hold down the option-key while selecting "new color" to reset the color to the default blue.
- (Hint for MacOS 9 or better: hold down the option-key while in the color-selection dialog to "pick up" any color on-screen.)
- Much faster and cleaner rendering for all on-screen operations.
- Multi-line Notes, up to 255 characters, can be added to any entry.
- Added AutoSave option that is available if a wallet has a password and has been previously saved.
- Number of records now displayed at top of window and printout.
- Old PasswordWallet™ 1.0 thru 1.1.1 files can be opened, but must be saved with a new name.
- Passwords for different files are stored in Keychain separately.
- PasswordWallet requires CarbonLib 1.2 to enable Keychain access under MacOS 9 or later.
- Added Random Password Generator to edit entry dialog.
- Window positions and sort preferences are now stored with each document.
- Cut, Copy and Paste clipboard operations work between PasswordWallet™ files.
- Printing and Page Setup options are now available.
- Multiple wallets may now be opened at once in multiple windows.
- Wallet documents may now be saved and opened just like documents in other programs.
- Wallet entries can be expanded and collapsed.
- Added Sort by Password menu option.
- Highlight selection is preserved between sorts, collapses and expansions.
- Arrow keys may be used to scroll through the wallet window.
- Left and Right arrow keys collapse and expand the selected cell respectively.
- Add "Confirm" checkbox to the Edit Wallet Entry dialog. After unchecking this box you'll only have to enter your passwords once, and without bullets.
- Last sort command now checked in menu.
New in 1.1.1:
- To avoid confusion, 1.1.1 is not the beta that was accidentally shipped the morning of 8/4/2000. We apologize for this inconvenience.
New in 1.1.0:
- Window positions and sizes, sort state, and hide information state are saved between executions of PasswordWallet™.
- Find command now searches all fields, not just titles.
- Added "Zoom Box" to wallet window.
- Added "Sort" menu and appropriate menu items.
- Renamed "Hide Passwords" menu to "Hide Information"
- Wallet files can now exist on read only volumes, like your company's file server. Changes can be made to the opened wallet, but will not be saved. Alternatively, click "Locked" in the "Get Info" window of the Password File to make the file read only.
- The "Password File" may now be an alias to the actual wallet file on another volume. The alias must still be named "Password File".
- Shipping PasswordWallet with a new, easier to use, "S3 Register Products" application.
New in 1.0.0:
(Translations: Is Czech, Danish, English, French, Italian, Japanese or Swedish your first language? If you find any
Denglish translations on this page, do not hesitate to inform us by email. Thank you!)
New in 4.7.4:
- Documents with password sheet open will not prevent system from ...
- Fixed small UI glitch with advanced IP address option introduced ...
New in 4.7.3:
- Added an Advanced option to bypass Bonjour with a manual ...
- Better Dropbox error detection.
New in 4.7.2:
- No longer asking for a password to reopen a file ...
- Fixed issue with Random Generation choices not working on 10.6.8.
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher.