Software · Mac OS X · Narrator
More Voices For Narrator
Narrator uses all voices which are available from Mac OS X by default. But there is more...
Voices from Cepstral
There is a whole bunch of English and American voices at Cepstral. The trial period is not time-limited; It never expires. However, a voice will interject reminder messages into the audio output until you purchase a valid license key for it. Each single voice has a price of 29.95 USD at Cepstral. [State: 2010-11-30]
Cepstral voices: Try | Download | Buy
Voices from acapela Infovox iVox
acapela Group offers Infovox iVox which enhances the voices for Mac OS X at a high quality. (These voices can be used in Narrator and other voice supporting applications.)
These voices are distributed by AssistiveWare who have also developed the alternate product GhostReader which you can get here, too. There is a whole bunch of English and American voices available. The bundle price is 99 EUR for a whole voices package. [State: 2010-11-30]
Infovox voices: Try | Download | Buy
(Translations: Is Czech, Danish, English, French, Italian, Japanese or Swedish your first language? If you find any
Denglish translations on this page, do not hesitate to inform us by email. Thank you!)
New in v2.2.1:
- Narrator requires Mac OS X v10.7 or higher (Narrator 2.2.1 is not ...
- Made a change to prevent Mac OS X 10.8 Gatekeeper settings from ...
New in v2.2.0:
- Allows users to assign the new higher-quality voices that are ...
New in v2.1.0:
- Narrator is now a product of Mariner Software.
- Current registered Narrator users can upgrade to the Mariner-branded version ...
Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or higher.