Software · Mac OS X · iLocalize
Quickly localize your Mac OS X applications
New in v4.1:
- Project Browser list mode, added support for Enter key to open the selected project.
- Ability to select more than one filter at a time.
- Ability to filter the Glossary Manager.
- Glossary scope list is now sorted and empty folder are hidden.
- Better TXML export.
- Moved the File > Open Previous Version menu item after File > Open Recent Project.
- Ability to edit strings when multiple files were selected even if one of then was ignored.
- Added keyboard shortcut for
Translate using Glossaries.
Propagate translation to similar strings as this option is already included in the Propagate Translation option.
- Ability to choose between Developer and Translator mode (see Help for more information about this option).
- Fixed an issue where saving a glossary resulting of a merging of several glossaries would fail.
- Fixed an issue where a TMX glossary with no entry would loose its target language.
- Fixed an issue where label filters were not correctly converted to iLocalize 4 format.
- Fixed an issue where punctuation of base string would not be added to translation when option
Propagate to similar items was checked.
- Fixed an issue that prevents to convert correctly some iLocalize 3 filters.
- Fixed an issue where the
Propagate Strings to All Files menu item would not work.
- Fixed an issue where clearing a search wouldn't remove the colorized matching characters.
- Fixed an issue when editing a translation while having a search filter enabled.
- Fixed an issue in the Update from Bundle dialog where the languages list was not refreshed after a bundle was dragged in that dialog.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar didn't count properly the non-translated strings.
- Fixed an issue where the results of a search in the glossary window wouldn’t show all the rows of the list.
- Fixed an issue where the row height would clip the text when displayed in more than one line.
- Fixed an issue where the project toolbar customization would not be persisted across restart.
- Fixed an issue where language names would not have the first letter capitalized in some locale.
- Fixed an issue where the base language would still be editable even when the preferences said it was read-only.
- Fixed the Mac App Store distribution that didn't include the localized languages.
- Fixed the Mac App Store icon.
New in v4.0:
- Revamped interface for more efficient workflow.
- Enhanced export/import of strings to various formats: XLIFF, TMX, TXML, and .strings.
- Enhanced glossary to read and write more formats: XLIFF, TMX, TXML, and .strings.
- Improved filters that can be fully customized using a predicate editor.
- Added support for creating project from regular folder.
- Enhanced search capability inside a project.
- Enhanced performance on multi-core machines.
- Mac OS 10.6 or newer.
New in v3.8.3:
- Use now the locale defined by the current language when launching the application being localized.
- Do not mark a nib file layout as modified when a comment is modified.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to read correctly certain TMX files.
- Fixed a bug where exporting did not save modified files.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a previous search to be reset when searching for file.
- Fixed an invalid formatting character detection with certain UTF-16 encoding.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a folder from being selected to update a project.
New in v3.8.2:
- Preliminary support for xib file
- Now use existing language folder at same level when creating non-existing localized files
- Now save correctly the symbolic links when compressing the exported bundle
- Fixed a problem updating a project when lproj folder are aliased
- Fixed a crash when a file column is added if not all columns are visible
- Fixed a crash when updating a project with some specific duplicated files
New in v3.8.1:
- Use now Sparkle to update iLocalize
- Display all language variants in the New Project Assistant
- Handle old-style property value in .strings file (read-only)
- Fixed a bug where modified files were not saved when closing the project
- Fixed a bug where the file content could be lost if an old copy of the file was copied in the source bundle
- Fixed a bug that prevented the drag and drop of bundle into the New Project Assistant
- Fixed a bug that prevented the reset of warnings on strings when no warnings were detected
- Fixed a bug that prevented flat-optimized nib files to be reported in the New Project Assistant
- Fixed symlink problems in included frameworks
New in v3.8:
- Ability to open previous version of a file
- Refactored the
Application menu by removing unnecessary items and moving the remaining in the File and Project menus
- Export dialog preferences is now per project
- Improved sort order in progress column (files)
- Toolbar is now customizable
- Added fields in preferences to set the Interface Builder 3.x or Interface Builder 2.x paths
- Added the launch button back into the toolbar
- Don't refresh the glossary list when the glossary window or main window is selected
- Default encoding for language is now UTF-16
- Display warning when creating project where a localized file is both in ISO or legacy language
- Display warning before generating an application with missing files in one of its localized language
- Display warning when read-only files are detected in a bundle
- Display warning before export/build if strings/files still need to be verified
- Make sure selected files are visible when the project is opened
- Alert when exporting a bundle will overwrite one already existing on the disk
- Fixed a bug where no alert was displayed if creating an already existing glossary
- Fixed a bug where iLocalize would fail to detect unused keys
- Fixed a bug to detect invalid formatting characters when they are not separated by a white space
- Fixed a bug where changing the encoding of selected files would sometime fail
- Fixed a bug that prevented to create a glossary when the translation is null
- Fixed a bug that caused a unknown selector exception when importing text glossary
- Fixed a bug that caused the backup nib file to be not removed when exporting the project
- Fixed a bug where changing the project folder in the new project wizard did not update the description text
- Fixed a bug where cleaning the project would replace double-quotes with escaped double-quotes
New in v3.7.1:
- Check the project automatically after project creation
- Add xml as a type in the Text editor
- Optimized nib file version 3 causes iLocalize to abort prematurely the reading of folder content
- Global/local buttons are hidden if no local file available in the current language
New in v3.7:
- Added full compability with Leopard ibtool (Xcode 3 and Xcode 2.5)
- Ability to choose the format of the project (Leopard only or Leopard and previous version)
- Ability to ignore empty strings
- Added contextual menu to copy translation from the Glossary Inspector
- Added Select All/Deselect All button in preview dialog when updating a project
- Check inconsistency after editing a string
- Duplicated keys are now indicated in the strings table
- Better performance when loading project
- Better performance when updating a project
- Fixed file selection if the name of the file is not unique
- Fixed file update if the name of the file is not unique
- Fixed double-click to edit strings (Leopard)
- Fixed Enter key behavior when editing a string (Leopard)
- Fixed the optimized nib detection mechanism (Leopard)
- Fixed a bug where the operation sheet would not be closed if iLocalize is in the background
- Fixed a bug in the statistics computation of strings and words
- Fixed a bug that would prevent encoding from being detected on PowerPC machine
New in v3.6:
- Handle both legacy and ISO language naming convention (i.e.
- Ability to have files belonging only to a specific language (local files)
- Ability to ignore files
- Ability to export or import glossary in TMX format
- Handle now .strings file in XML format
- Language can be renamed
- Create a backup each time the project is saved
- Ability to show only project files in the Open Recent menu
- Added encoding with no-BOM option
- Ability to rename the source or target language of a glossary
- New 30 days evaluation period without limitation
- Requires now Mac OS 10.4
- Early Leopard support
- Empty folders in base language are now properly copied in localized languages
- Modification date of nib file is now correctly reported after each nib modification
- Fixed a crash when closing the glossary inspector
- Fixed a bug when trying to drag and drop glossary from a read-only volume
- Fixed a bug where the progress bar would not report correct information when updating more than one language
- Fixed error reported when processing symbolic links
- Fixed the way iLocalize launches applications (e.g. OmniWeb and SubEthaEdit are now properly launched)
- Minor bug fixes.
- Minor UI enhancements
New in v3.5:
- Possibility to create glossary with another language than the base language
- Smart filter attribute
to check has been split into
translated strings to check and
invariant strings to check
- Path fields of dialog Update From Bundle are now editable
- Added select all/deselect all button in dialog Update From Bundle
- Add name of the file when exporting the warnings related to it
- Left align file progress column
- Do not remove duplicates entries in a glossary that have different translations
- Reset localized layout when updating a project now correctly mark each nib file with the
check layout status
- Drag and drop file from project to Finder now copy file to the Finder
- Individual settings of the editor can now be changed in the preferences
- Mark strings as
to check when creating a non-existent localized file from the base language in a new project
- Don't display nibtool error when nib file does not exist (it will be marked in the project file status column)
- Create localized file from base language if it does not exist during update of the project
Updated file status is now displayed even if the
not found status is displayed too
- Do not try to rebase a localized file that does not exist
- Fixed a bug that prevented the enter key when editing a glossary entry to jump to the next non-translated entry
- Fixed a bug when rebuilding files other than .strings/.nib
- Fixed a bug where exporting a project with no .strings/.nib files would display an overflow number in the progress column
- Fixed a bug that prevented the editors in the preferences to be persistent after quitting and relaunching iLocalize
- Fixed a bug that prevented a new project from being created on Mac OS 10.3.9
New in v3.4.1:
- fixed a bug when reading empty file when trying to detect the encoding of the file
- fixed a cosmetic bug in the Save All dialog when the default button changes its title
- fixed a bug when exporting a localization that would delete any generated application in the build folder
- fixed a bug that would cause iLocalize to crash when exiting the application with a newly created glossary window open
- fixed a bug that would prevent RTFD files to be correctly updated by drag and drop
New in v3.4:
- new file encoding handling: default preferences per language, new column in the files table
- labels are now available for files
- smart filter improved to handle labels for strings and files
- added contextual menu in files table header to customize which columns is displayed
- improved file warning dialog to display warnings in a table instead of a pop-up
- improved display of file name and path by truncating if too long to be displayed in the cell
- use the Finder icon for each file
- new preference to choose the update dialog selection by default
- new menu shortcuts
- added ability to rebuild a base language file: for nib and strings files, it means that new and deleted elements will be reflected into the project (useful if a palette was missing when creating the project)
- new project assistant: iLocalize now accepts all bundle extensions and tries to auto-detect which ones are suitable for localization
- prefs: new external editor dialog to help choosing the external application for a given extension
- fixed column header text alignment
- remove duplicate entries button in merge glossary dialog
- save file columns width
- removed item
Save Modified Files as it was duplicating the function of the standard Save command in the menu File
- file names are sorted correctly now (ignoring case)
- LaunchAppPlugin: new contextual menu plugin to launch an application with one of its languages in one click only!- fixed a bug when reading HTML page with BOM header
- fixed a bug where file with identical smart path would not be correctly selected after re-opening the project
- fixed a bug where new project window would not be correctly positioned and sized on screen
- fixed a bug where the preferences window position would not be restored after launching iLocalize
- fixed a bug where switching from one language to another with the propagation mode set to all files would propagate the translation in the wrong language
New in v3.3.3:
- fixed a bug where updating the base language with a bundle with identical base language files would delete all localized languages
New in v3.3.2:
- fixed a bug where iLocalize would not perform an update if all localized files are identical (but the underlying code and other non-localized files did change)
- fixed a bug where iLocalize would crash when comparing strings with different escape characters
New in v3.3.1:
- added Italian localization
- improved German localization
- fixed a bug where keys not specified with a double-quotation mark and having a
- character would not be correctly parsed
- fixed minor UI bugs
New in v3.3:
- Universal Binary version
- new menu items and dialogs:
Update Using Bundle and
Update Using Files (it is now possible to update at the same time the base and localized languages)
- project search field can now find file names using the contextual Search Menu
- automatically try to fix inconsistencies when checking the project
- drag and drop of files is now allowed between projects
- language percentage is now computed relative to the number of strings (not anymore related to the number of files)
- enhanced strings parser to handle comments between keys and values
- remember now the type of EOL (end of line) based on the first EOL of the base language (previously used only Mac EOL)
- auto-save after update operation
- export localization now includes the name of the exported languages
- remove any ~.nib file after a nibtool operation
- can now specify in prefs if the list of files should be updated automatically after an operation that modify it (i.e. smart filter, etc)
- improved the file content column to display the number of total strings when filter(s) - from the preferences - is enabled
- find results now filter all languages (previously only the base language was filtered together with the localized language)
- can now delete glossary entries by hitting backspace or delete
- can now use the Enter key in glossary to jump to the next untranslated entry
- added shortcut for
Generate and Launch
- added horizontal scroll bar for the file table in the project window
- remember selected languages in the Generate dialog
- display an alert if nothing to update instead of empty preview dialog
- contextual menu in the glossary inspector to open and select the glossary corresponding to the selected matching entry
strings with inconsistencies option in smart filter
- added table content size (regular or small) option in general preferences
- UTF-8 encoding by default for strings
- fixed a cosmetic bug in the file table when resizing columns
- fixed a bug where language completion percentage were not the same in the language project's pop-up menu and the generate dialog
- fixed a bug where cancelling the multiple file match dialog before the update process begins would lead the interface
- fixed a bug where creating a glossary with a filter activated would prevent strings to be added
- fixed a bug where updating a normalized project with a non-normalized application would cause iLocalize to add/remove files that were identical
- fixed a bug that prevent tooltip from being displayed for strings status when the string table was scrolled
- fixed a dead-lock issue when performing multithreaded translation operations
- fixed a bug when displaying matching score in the glossary inspector when ignoring case is selected in the preferences
- fixed a bug that prevented the clean feature to replace three dots with ellipsis under specific preferences settings
New in v3.2:
- export localization has been rewritten to export all the files of the language
- export localization can be extended to support other mail clients (see Help for more information)
- project can be checked against strings and nib file inconsistencies (new smart filter to detect such files)
- files modified or added during an update operation are now flagged
- strings can now be labeled
- find now accepts regular expression
- glossary can now export source or target strings
- comments can be now displayed in light gray in the string table (prefs)
- new HTML/HTM smart filter by default
- display progress of each language in the generate dialog
- inspector size is now correctly restored
- prefs: custom mapping from built-in file editor and extensions
- prefs: can now specify the default project folder used in the new project assistant
- prefs: recognized bundle extensions can now be customized
- ignore files located in
- can export the update preview list of operation
- glossary text zone can now also display invisible characters
- drag and drop entries between glossaries
- files not existing on the disk are now identified by a red bullet in the status column
- smart filter enhanced to detect file not existing on the disk and file having inconsistencies
- smart filter results (the list of files) are now updated in more situation
- rebuild from base language can now preserve the nib layout
- corresponding base language files and strings are displayed when find filter is selected
- new project assistant: better feedback about optimized nibs and nibs that are outside langage folder
- display tooltip over file or string status icon
- new nib preview process using a separate application
- display status if base string is changed externally (this should not happen in a normal workflow)
- display the number of nib/strings files in stats dialog
- clean project can now replace apostrophe by quotation mark
- update the structure list after an update operation
- can now specify the position where the element will be displayed in the nib preview inspector
- select now the current language in both application and file update dialog
- improved a lot the speed of removing the duplicate entries in a glossary
- enhanced operation report when warnings/errors are detected
- improved drag and drop into the project window (no need to drag over a table view anymore)
- improved console visualization
- improved glossary translation speed
- improved glossary inspector layout
- improved performance when typing in a strings or nib file while filters are activated
- add white space between comment and key=value pair in strings file if they are in the same line
- progress dialog when translating using glossaries is now attached to the project window
- added a section about workflow and symbols in the Help
- fixed a bug where found substrings were not correctly displayed and iLocalize could stop responding (mostly for double quote)
- fixed a bug when replacing a string with a shorter string
- fixed a bug where imported text glossary would not be correctly saved (entries did not exist)
- fixed a bug where the history inspector entries could be modified
- fixed a bug where the table highlighting was incorrectly displayed
- fixed a bug where the base language would still be editable even if the preference was set to read only
- fixed a bug where base language nib file could have the 'check layout' status icon displayed
- fixed a bug where merging a list of glossary could fail if one of them was empty or damaged
- fixed a bug where the glossaries would not be displayed immediately in the inspector
- fixed a bug where creating a glossary after closing a project with opened inspector could cause a crash
- fixed a bug where the project timer would stop if another window was closed
(Translations: Is Czech, Danish, English, French, Italian, Japanese or Swedish your first language? If you find any
Denglish translations on this page, do not hesitate to inform us by email. Thank you!)
New in v4.1:
- Project Browser list mode, added support for Enter key to ...
New in v4.0:
- Revamped interface for more efficient workflow.
- Enhanced export/import of strings to various formats: XLIFF, TMX, TXML, ...
New in v3.8.3:
- Use now the locale defined by the current language when ...
- Do not mark a nib file layout as modified when ...
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher.; Apple Developer Tools (Xcode, Interface Builder, ibtool) have to be installed.