Software · Mac OS X · HoudahGeo
Know where you took that photo!
With HoudahGeo you may
pin photos to locations where they were taken.
Just like an expensive GPS camera, HoudahGeo may store latitude, longitude and altitude information right within the image file - invisibly with no loss of quality. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP, and IPTC tags.
HoudahGeo projects may be published to EveryTrail or viewed and shared using Google Earth. Geotagged photos may be uploaded to Flickr or locr.
One-stop geocoding for the Mac
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
- Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr, EveryTrail or locr
GPS device: optional
HoudahGeo offers you many ways of geocoding your favorite photos:
- Automatic: Matches photos to GPS track logs and waypoints
- iPhone / iPad: Matches photos to reference photos taken using iPhone
- Using a map: Pick locations using the built-in map
- Using Google Earth: Point to the desired location
- Precision: Attach photos to GPS waypoints
- Manual: Enter coordinates found on Google Earth, Wikipedia, ...
GPS device: supported
HoudahGeo connects directly to many brands and models of GPS track loggers. It also reads GPX, NMEA, LOG, TES, … and TCX files created by third party software.
(Translations: Is Czech, Danish, English, French, Italian, Japanese or Swedish your first language? If you find any
Denglish translations on this page, do not hesitate to inform us by email. Thank you!)
New in 3.5.6:
- Enhancement: Performance - Improved speed of the geocoding process.
- Bug fix: Cloud Made - Accommodates breaking changes in Cloud ...
New in 3.5.5:
- Bug fix: Aperture integration - HoudahGeo could fail to access ...
New in 3.5.4:
- Enhancement: Lightroom integration - HoudahGeo now loads all recently used ...
- Enhancement: Built-in maps - HoudahGeo no longer zooms the map ...
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher.