Software · Mac OS X · GhostReader
The premier Text-to-Speech solution for the Mac
- Listen to Text, Word, HTML, PDF and RTF documents (plus in Leopard: DOCX and ODT documents)
- Create personal and educational podcasts by converting text to audio files
- Convert text to iTunes tracks with the encoding of your choice: AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, Apple Lossless
- Create your own bookmarkable audiobooks by exporting to iTunes tracks
- Speak selected text in any application using the GhostReader tool palette or a keyboard shortcut
- Simply point your cursor at text in Safari, Pages 2008, TextEdit, or Mail and listen to the paragraph below the cursor instead of reading
- Use the included pronunciation editor to modify the way a word is pronounced or to add new abbreviations
- Includes high quality voices in a language of choice
- Universal Binary (PPC and Intel) requiring Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 or later (fully Leopard compatible)
- Localized in English, French, German and Italian
(Translations: Is Czech, Danish, English, French, Italian, Japanese or Swedish your first language? If you find any
Denglish translations on this page, do not hesitate to inform us by email. Thank you!)
New in 1.6:
- New voice languages: Arabic, Greek, Russian.
- New high quality voices for existing languages: Italian male voice, ...
New in 1.5.1:
- Export to iTunes now: (1) Sets album, album artist, and ...
- Fixes spinning cursor issue with Pages 2008
New in 1.5:
- Adds new natural sounding voices for Czech, Polish, Swedish and ...
- Adds a pronunciation editor, which can be used to modify ...
DVD drive, Mac OS X 10.4.0, 933MHz G3/933MHz Intel Mac Core Solo, 500MB HDD, 512MB RAM