Software · Mac OS X · Amadeus Lite
Amadeus Lite 2.1.3
Amadeus Lite - the intuitive yet powerful wave editor
- Is Amadeus Lite compatible with Mac OS X Lion?
Yes, starting from version 2.0.3. If you are using an earlier version, please upgrade to the latest version.
- What is your upgrades policy?
Amadeus Lite 2.0 is a free upgrade for all registered users of Amadeus Lite.
As a general rule for future upgrades, minor upgrades will always be free of charge to existing users. I reserve myself the right to charge for major upgrades.
- What are the differences between Amadeus Lite 1.x and Amadeus Lite 2.x?
The main differences are:
- Amadeus Lite can now read and write QuickTime files. Furthermore, video tracks are preserved when editing the audio track of a QuickTime movie.
- Amadeus Lite can now read and write 32 Bit audio files.
- The new version supports the 3GP and AMR audio formats, as well as the ability to create iPhone ringtones.
- Overall improved stability and many bug fixes.
The only way to get a true feeling for it is of course to download Amadeus Lite 2.0 and to give it a try.
- Is there an academic discount?
Yes, a 20% discount is available for students. Just send an email from your university address to Martin@HairerSoft.com asking for a discount coupon.
- Can I transfer my Amadeus Lite license to another computer?
Yes, just download Amadeus Pro to the new computer and reenter the license code that you received when you first purchased Amadeus Lite. If you lost your license code, please send me a short note
from the email address used when originally purchasing the program.
- Why are CD track names all wrong on CDs burned by Amadeus Lite?
They only appear so in iTunes. The reason is that instead of correctly reading the CD-TEXT information contained on the CD (which is what a CD player does), iTunes tries to be smart and queries an online database (Gracenote) that tries to recognise the CD based on the lengths of the tracks. Chances are that your home-made CD will be matched with some completely unrelated commercial CD that just happens to have the same (or similar) track lengths, thus the resulting garbage. Apart from lobbying Apple to fix that bug (feature?) of iTunes, there's not much that one can do. To be fair, one possibility would be to burn the CD as a data CD instead of an Audio CD, but then most CD players wouldn't play it.
As you can guess from the explanation, this problem is not specific to Amadeus Lite at all. It is just the same if you burn the CD with iTunes or any other other CD burning software.
- Why does Amadeus Lite refuse to create an Mp3/AAC file from my recording?
This can happen if you try to create a high-quality compressed file from low-quality uncompressed audio, which is something that you would not want to do on purpose. Just decrease the bitrate in the Mp3/AAC settings to a lower value.
- Can Amadeus Lite record the output from another program?
Not without any third-party software. The free programs SoundFlower
and Jack OS X
allow you to route the output of any program (like iTunes for example) into Amadeus Lite for recording. Please refer to the corresponding programs for instructions or look at Section 8.4 in the manual.
- What are the terms of the user license?
You can find the terms of the single-user license here
and the terms of the site license here.
The upshot is that the single-user license is valid for one user (so if you and your partner use it that would require two licenses) but can be used on up to three different computers
(so if you have a desktop computer at home and a laptop for travelling, you can have the program installed on both).
- Could you add a key shortcut for function XYZ?
Go to the
Keyboard and Mouse system preferences panel. It allows you to assign key shortcuts to arbitrary menu items.
- The sliders for the record levels are greyed out on my computer and the input level is inappropriate, why?
These sliders directly control the hardware. Therefore, they are only active if your hardware actually does provide gain control and the driver of your hardware implements it correctly. If your particular hardware doesn't support it, there's nothing that one can do about it. You should be careful to adjust the level of the signal to the correct level before it reaches your hardware (or using the controls of the hardware if it has some). Also, make sure that you are actually using the correct sound input device. You can check whether a particular device supports gain adjustement with the
Audio MIDI Setup application in your Applications/Utilities folder (select the device and check whether the input sliders there are greyed out).
Note that the iMic has a little black switch that allows you to switch between microphone level input and line-in level input. Make sure that this switch is in the appropriate position.
- Do you accept PayPal payments?
No, Amadeus Lite can only be purchased through the Mac App Store
- Amadeus attempts to make an internet connection at startup! What the heck?
Occasionally, Amadeus makes an http query to see whether a new version is available. What happens is exactly
the same as what happens when you click on this link
and this link
(i.e. it just retrieves a piece of text). If you are concerned about this or choose not to believe what I say, you can disable version checking in the
section of the Amadeus Pro preferences.
- Is there a manual for Amadeus Lite?
Yes! Select the menu item
Amadeus Lite Help...
menu. You can also download the manual here
- I can not open m4p files purchased on the Music Store with Amadeus Lite, why?
Apple forbids third-party applications the access to m4p files. One workaround is to play the files in iTunes and to use Jack to record the output from iTunes. Another workaround is to burn the file on an Audio CD and to open it from there.
(Translations: Is Czech, Danish, English, French, Italian, Japanese or Swedish your first language? If you find any
Denglish translations on this page, do not hesitate to inform us by email. Thank you!)
New in v2.1.3:
- Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Tiny bug fixes.
New in v2.0.8:
- Markers are magnetic when changing the selection.
- Fixes UI glitches in non-English locales.
New in v2.0.7:
- Fixes a bug causing the preview function to freeze.
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher.
See also: Amadeus Pro
If you need even more power and functionality, then please take a look at Amadeus Pro.