Software · Mac OS X · Amadeus Pro
Amadeus Pro 2.1.3
Amadeus Pro is the Swiss army knife of sound editing
This page contains a non-exhaustive list of features of Amadeus Pro. It is intended to give you a flavour of its amazing possibilities, but of course nothing is worth the real thing, so please, by all means, download it and try it out by yourself. Don't forget that a manual is available from the "Help" menu in the program.
Convert vinyls or tapes to CD
- Amadeus Pro's powerful denoising and repairing functions make it easy to remove that annoying hiss on your favourite tape recordings or the scratch on that old vinyl recording.
- Split your recording into multiple tracks with one handy function, for use by iTunes for example.
- Burn your recording to an Audio CD straight away from within Amadeus Pro with a simple click of the mouse.
- Dedicated equalizers make it easy to get the original sound back from very old recordings
Powerful batch processing functions
- Converts to and from the following file formats: Amadeus, AIFF, WAVE, Mp3, Ogg Vorbis, Mp4, M4a (AAC and Apple Lossless), FLAC, Apple CAF, QuickTime, SoundDesigner II, Next, Mp2 (reading only).
- Allows you to apply arbitrary sequences of sound effects to a collection of files.
- Preserves metadata (artist, song title, album cover, etc) even across formats, provided that the format supports metadata.
- Full support for both Audio Unit and VST audio Plug-Ins means that the functionality of Amadeus Pro can be extended and tailored to suit your particular requirements perfectly.
- The most commonly used effects (multiband graphic equalizers, volume normalization, fade in/out, echo, speed and pitch change, etc) are built into the program and therefore benefit from a nice MacOS X - like user interface.
- Amadeus Pro allows you to maintain a list of favorite actions, so that your commonly used tasks are always only one mouse click away.
- Create high quality sonograms or spectrum analyses for professional or amateur use.
- The many real-time analysis tools of Amadeus Pro make it the perfect pedagogical tool for explaining the physics of sounds.
- Extensive waveform statistics
(Translations: Is Czech, Danish, English, French, Italian, Japanese or Swedish your first language? If you find any
Denglish translations on this page, do not hesitate to inform us by email. Thank you!)
New in 2.1.3:
- Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Tiny bug fixes.
New in 2.0.8:
- Markers are magnetic when dragging clips or changing the selection.
- Fixes UI glitches in non-English locales.
New in 2.0.7:
- Fixes a bug causing the preview function to freeze.
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher.
See also: Amadeus Lite
If you don't need this much power and functionality, then please take a look at Amadeus Lite.