Aug 16, 2011: Caboodle 1.4 for Mac OS X Lion
Caboodle feels good with the lion!
The current version 1.4 brings significant enhancements and is prepared for Mac OS X Lion. Here is a list of changes:
- Nyt i 1.4:
(2011-08-16, R 1030)
- Fixes for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) compatibility.
- Added full screen support on Lion.
- Added a default font option to the General Preferences. By default it is used when there is no selected entry when adding as a sibling or child (i.e. creating a top-level entry), but there's a checkbox to use it for all new entries. If that checkbox is off, new entries inherit the previously selected entry's font attributes (as Caboodle has always done).
- Added an automatic save one minute after changing an entry. Caboodle already auto-saves when selecting a different entry or on quit (if you made changes).
- Removed the File > Save command, since a manual save is no longer useful, and it could cause confusion.
- Swapped the View and Decrypt buttons in the decryption sheet, so View is now the default, since it is the most commonly used. The Decrypt button can still be activated via the keyboard via Cmd-D.
- Replaced the password validation logic, since it broke when building for Mac OS X 10.5 and later. Note that this means that entries encrypted in version 1.4 and later can't be decrypted in earlier versions.
- Deleting an entry will now leave no selection, rather than selecting whatever happened to be after the deleted entry.
- Removed the license agreement window. The license agreement can be viewed online.
- The standard edition of Caboodle now requires a minimum of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
- Many other behind-the-scenes improvements made possible by dropping Tiger support.
- Note: this version (and any 1.4.x bug fix releases) will be the last to support PowerPC (PPC) and Mac OS X 10.5. Version 1.5 will require an Intel-based Mac and Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later.
Your Bag of Tricks
Caboodle provides a single place to store, organize, and find those little pieces of information that you might have previously stored in Stickies or obscurely-named text files strewn over your desktop.
Download and try Caboodle for free! Read the Caboodle release notes to see what has changed in this version, or read the User Guide to find out more about it.
Prøv det nu!
Læs mere om Caboodle | Prøv Caboodle | Læs Caboodle manual | Køb Caboodle